Chad Koury is the owner of Koury Geosteering, an oil and gas consultant company, located in Morgantown, West Virginia. Koury Geosteering provides geological services that support horizontal drilling.
Koury is a petroleum engineer and received a Bachelor of Science degree in geology from West Virginia University (WVU) in 2010. He also completed his Masters of Science in geology from WVU in 2016. Koury Geosteering is in their fifth year of business and nine years in the oil and gas industry.
• 3:48 Fill in the gaps of that brief introduction.
• 6:25 How did you get started in this line of work?
• 9:55 Elevator pitch for Koury Geosteering?
• 12:18 What are you most excited about for your company?
• 13:30 What is the geographic market you serve?
• 15:45 How many employees do you have?
• 17:14 How did your company get started?
• 19:08 What has been your worst business moment so far?
• 22:05 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
• 22:32 What is the long term vision for your company?
• 23:42 How do you attract new customers?
• 24:45 What is a big challenge you face?
• 26:24You created your own opportunity as an entrepreneur right?
• 27:06 What is one piece of advice you would give an young entrepreneur?
• 29:17 What is one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
• 30:19 What is one resource you can’t live without? Microsoft Excel
• 31:00 What is one book you would recommend?
• 33:44 What is your ideal customer?
• 35:19 What is the best way for people to learn more about Geosteering?