Roberts Corrosion Services, LLC provides corrosion support and remediation for natural gas piping with a primary focus in the Appalachian Basin area. Since their inception in 2011, they have grown steadily and offer a wide range of services and turn-key solutions for their clients. Their combined experience and qualifications allow them to function effectively on any project. They complete testing, design, inspection, installation, ongoing maintenance, and everything in between. Their facility in Ellenboro, West Virginia, also includes a full lab with state-of-the-art equipment to test fluids, gases, solids, and corrosion coupons.
Roberts Corrosion Services, LLC was founded by brothers Mike and Kevin, who have over 40 years of combined experience working for various corrosion contractors and major pipeline operators. Having worked on “both sides of the fence” gives them a unique perspective to better serve their clients. Over the years, they have gained certifications, qualifications and experienced many different types of successes and failures.
- 3:30 Mike, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:24 What type of corrosion services do you provide for the pipeline industry?
- 4:55 How did you get started in this business?
- 9:50 When did you move back to West Virginia?
- 10:53 What is your 30 sec. pitch for Roberts Corrosion Services?
- 13:05 What is a cathodic protection system?
- 13:51 What are you most excited about for your company right now?
- 14:43 What is the geographic market that you serve?
- 15:12 How many employees do you have?
- 16:09 What has been your best business moment?
- 17:41 What has been your worst business moment?
- 19:24 PWV Commercial Break
- 20:06 What is the vision your have for Roberts Corrosion Services long term?
- 21:29 How do you attract new customers?
- 22:21 What is one of the biggest challenges you face in your business right now?
- 23:46 Can you tell us about your lab space?
- 26:22 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young people who are thinking about starting their own business?
- 28:52 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 30:14 What is one leadership lesson you’ve learned in the last 14 months?
- 31:15 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 33:08 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you or your story?
- 33:32 What college do you teach classes through?
- 34:18 How can our listeners learn more about your company and perhaps even get in contact with you?36:40 Outro
Appalachian Underground Corrosion Short Course