Phil Mauser is the owner of Daniel’s of Morgantown. Daniel’s is a high quality men’s clothing store in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Phil has been with Daniel’s for 14 years. Starting out in a part-time position for the store, he loved his job. Graduating with a degree in chemistry and biology, Phil had originally planned on pursuing dental school. However, he changed his mind and made the decision to turn his part-time position at Daniel’s into a career.
For the past 7 years, Phil has owned and managed Daniel’s of Morgantown.
Phil resides in Morgantown with his wife, Kristen, of 3 years, and his 16 month old son, Brooks.
- 3:30 Phil, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:29 How did you get started in the retail clothing business?
- 6:34 What got you into the retail clothing business?
- 10:17 How did you get through the past 14 months with your business?
- 16:28 How is business going right now?
- 19:16 What are you most excited about for your company right now?
- 19:59 What is the geographic market that you serve?
- 21:05 How is your location working for your business?
- 21:43 How many employees do you have?
- 21:56 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 24:24 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 25:11 PWV Commercial Break
- 25:37 What is the long term vision you have for Daniels?
- 26:44 What is your typical customer?
- 28:27 What are some of the trends you’re seeing right now in men’s fashion?
- 30:24 How do you attract new customers?
- 32:27 What is one of the biggest challenges you’re facing right now?
- 34:36 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young people who are thinking about starting their own business?
- 35:39 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 36:42 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 38:08 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your company or your story?
- 40:04 How can our listeners learn more about your company and perhaps even get in contact with you?
- 42:24 Outro