Brody Prudnick is the owner of Ray’s Seasonings, LLC based out of Morgantown, West Virginia.
Ray’s Seasonings is a small business that specializes in wholesale/retail distribution of their widely recognized product, Ray’s Rub. The company is only a little over two years old and has seen a large growth in recent months. The emphasis here is to build a nationally recognized brand out of a product with WV roots.
Brody spent four years in sales, wine and spirits distribution, as well as TV advertising. Brody left Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits back in October to pursue the seasoning business and real estate. Somewhat of a serial entrepreneur trying to find his calling, Brody spent his childhood in Charleston, WV, and graduated from Charleston Catholic High School. Attending WVU for both his Bachelors in Marketing and Masters of Business Admin, Brody graduated in 2016. He has spent his whole life in West Virginia, and although he enjoys traveling out of state, he loves this place. He has spent countless hours hunting and fishing the mountains and streams of West Virginia.
Like anyone in their 20s, he was a bit lost after college and was unsure where he wanted to go with his career. When his father passed away from cancer in 2019, he felt called to build a business and carry on his legacy. Ray’s Rub is the product of that.
- 3:29 Brody, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:46 How did you get started in this business?
- 6:13 What is your 30 sec. pitch for Ray’s Rub?
- 9:04 How has your education in marketing helped you with your business?
- 10:18 What are you most excited about for your company right now?
- 12:40 Can you tell us more about the FBA process?
- 15:00 How many employees do you have?
- 16:49 Where are your customers coming from?
- 18:00 What do you think the key is to be successful on Amazon?
- 19:39 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 20:59 How do you differentiate yourself from your competition?
- 22:17 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 23:14 What was the process like to utilize social media influencers to advertise your product?
- 25:00 What did you learn from that experience?
- 26:54 PWV Commercial Break
- 27:21 What is the long term vision you have for Ray’s Rub?
- 28:57 How do you attract new customers?
- 30:24 Have your tried Ray’s Rub on rainbow trout?
- 31:16 Where did you go fishing on The Holly River?
- 32:14 What is one of the biggest challenges you’re facing right now?
- 33:39 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young people who are thinking about starting their own business?
- 34:48 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 35:47 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 37:26 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your company or your story?
- 38:40 Where can people find Ray’s Rub products in WV?
- 40:50 Outro