Born and raised in Calhoun County, Crystal graduated with a degree in Chemistry and was shortly after forced to leave her home state in order to find employment. Forty years later, Crystal has returned to WV in an effort to revitalize Calhoun County.
Her plan for revitalization revolves around the generosity of The 1982 Foundation and an old abandoned beloved High School building which was built in 1921. The 1982 Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by Crystal that is undertaking the restoration of her old High School, with the plan of turning it into the Calhoun County Community Center. This year, the High School will be celebrating its 100-year anniversary and on October 9, The 1982 Foundation hosted a community picnic to kick off the renovation project.
- 3:40 Crystal, take a minute and tell us about your company.
- 4:30 How did you get started?
- 5:40 What was your role at Mylan Pharmaceuticals?
- 7:20 What’s your 30 sec. pitch?
- 9:20 What’s your best business moment?
- 10:15 What’s your worst business moment?
- 14:00 Talk about a leadership moment you’ve had.
- 17:26 PWV Commercial Break
- 18:00 What is the 1982 Foundation?
- 21:15 What’s your connection to the high school building?
- 27:00 What’s your vision for the community building?
- 29:35 Piece of advice for a young entrepreneur?
- 33:00 Final thoughts and recommended resources.
- 37:00 How can people get involved?
- 38:00 How can people get ahold of you?
- 39:05 Outro
Instagram – None
Email – None
Selling Boldly, by Alex Goldfayn