Benjy Simpson is the Managing Member for Bridge Walk LLC of Bridge Walk located in Lansing, West Virginia – in Fayette County. Bridge Walk is a one-of-a-kind bridge walk where you cross the catwalk under the world-famous New River Gorge Bridge on a panoramic three-hour adventure. Bridge Walk was founded in 2009 as a cooperative effort between the National Park Service, the West Virginia Division of Highways, and the partners that make up Bridge Walk LLC.
Benjy Simpson also serves as the annual Bridge Day Rappel Coordinator, the past 28 years. He has a BS in Recreation & Park Administration from NC State University. Benjy also has a MA in Physical Education & Outdoor Education with a Minor in Education from Appalachian State University
- 3:09 Take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 9:14 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 9:59 How long does it take to do the tour?
- 14:39 What kind of safety precautions do you take with your guests?
- 16:59 What is the thing you’re most excited about right now?
- 18:39 How long have you been in business in WV?
- 19:09 What is the best thing about being in business in WV?
- 22:44 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 23:19 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 27:51 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 28:41 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 29:49 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 32:24 Is there anything else about Bridge Walk that you would like to share?