Wade Linger is the President and CEO of TMC Technologies of West Virginia located in Fairmont, West Virginia – in Marion County. After serving as a computer programmer in the Air Force, he began working as a defense contractor for ManTech International Corp., where he wrote and maintained U.S. Navy software that tracks aircraft maintenance and parts; and pilot flight hours.
In 1992, he established ManTech’s West Virginia operations in Fairmont. Wade has spent much of his professional career in the fields of technology and research, including a stint as the first vice president of research for the West Virginia High Technology Consortium. He later established TMC Technologies, Inc. an information technology company which had grown to over 80 employees when it was acquired in 2005. In 2010 Linger re-formed TMC Technologies. Mr. Linger holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business from St. Leo College, Florida. Mr. Linger and his wife, Jill, have five grown children and six grandchildren.
- 4:16 Wade take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 5:07 How did you get started in this industry?
- 6:52 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 9:09 What are the main contracts you are working on?
- 9:43 How many employees you have?
- 10:05 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 10:38 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 13:10 What is the best thing about being in business in WV – right now?
- 14:45 What was your worst business moment?
- 15:53 How did you overcome that?
- 17:02 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:38 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 19:08 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 20:40 How do you recruit?
- 21:58 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:52 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
email, excel, powerpoint
- 24:17 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 25:16 Is there anything else you would like people to know about your company?
- 26:43 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?