Booker Walton is the Majority owner of Mountaineer Technology Consultants located in Morgantown, West Virginia – in Monongalia County. Booker Walton is a technology entrepreneur, from Morgantown, West Virginia. Mountaineer Technology Consultants also known as MTC – was formed in 2016 by Booker and is the culmination of an idea shared between friends, to bring a small business feel with a large impact for West Virginia residents.
Booker holds a variety of certifications, including Certified Data Center Management Professional, Knowledge Centered Support Principles, Support Center Manager Certification, as well as educational certifications such as Blackboard Graphical User Interface Administrator. MTC is also the only local company designated as part of the Dell Expert Network. With a vision of helping to bring the masses into the information age comfortably, MTC helps provide IT solutions for individuals and small businesses, gaining the trust of clients and empowering them to use technology to their advantage, instead of being overcome by the need of technology.
- 3:48 Wade take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:52 How did you get started in this industry?
- 6:33 Are you originally from West Virginia?
- 7:22 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 8:22 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 9:20 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 10:28 How many employees you have?
- 11:38 What is the best thing about being in business in WV – right now?
- 13:21 Can you talk about your computer give away?
- 16:23 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:31 What was your worst business moment?
- 19:56 What was your one take away from that?
- 22:11 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:00 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 23:59 What is one resource you can’t live without?
- 24:40 What is one book you would recommend?
- 27:29 How do you attract new customers?
- 29:06 Is there anything else you would like people to know about your company?
- 30:03 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?