Keith Uphold was born and raised in Kingwood, WV (Preston County) and still lives in Kingwood with his wife Hope where they own and operate Legacy Woodworking & CNC, LLC. With over 20 years in the manufacturing industry Keith believes in the simplicity of hard work, integrity and honesty; that each one of us has a purpose and each one of us will leave a “Legacy”. It’s up to us as to what that “Legacy” will be. Woodworking has been a passion for some time as Keith loves to create and design and has grown that passion into a full-time business. Legacy specializes in custom, handcrafted goods as well as personalized projects produced utilizing a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine. His wife and he are active members of Anchor Church in Friendsville, MD where they serve as youth leaders. They have a strong desire to pour into the next generation.
- 3:39 Keith take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:50 How did you get started in this industry?
- 6:09 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 6:52 Talk about some of your best selling products.
- 7:54 How did you come up with the name?
- 9:25 What is the geographic market that you serve?
- 10:06 How many employees you have?
- 11:51 How did you take Legacy Woodworking from a side-hustle to full-time job?
- 13:17 Can you go into detail about your pop-up store?
- 14:38 What is the best thing about being in business in WV – right now?
- 16:29 Tell us about your worst business experience.
- 17:36 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 18:23 What is the vision for your company long-term?
- 19:13 How do you get the word out?
- 19:43 What is the biggest challenge you face right now?
- 20:29 How do you develop new products?
- 21:57 What is one piece of advice you would give a young entrepreneur?
- 22:40 What is one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 23:11 What is one resource you just cant live without?
- 24:29 What is one book you would recommend?
- 25:59 Is there anything else you would like people to know about your company?
- 27:04 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?