Dan Conant is the Founder and CEO of Solar Holler headquartered in Huntington, West Virginia – in Cabell County. Dan is an 8 year veteran of the solar industry, Dan previously helped start-up the largest solar installer in Vermont and served as a technical advisor to the US Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative. He has an MS in Energy Policy and Climate from Johns Hopkins.
At Solar Holler, they relentlessly pursue innovative approaches that bring solar within reach of the people and places who have always been left out. They’re on a mission to make clean energy affordable; to rebuild the Appalachian economy; and to spread the benefits of clean energy to those who need it most.
- 3:06 Dan take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:43 How did you get into this line of work?
- 6:00 Where did you grow up/ go to college?
- ??? Tell us about your background in wood working.
- 7:10 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 7:50 What is the thing that you are most excited about for your company – right now?
- 8:35 What do you attribute rise in Solar Power to?
- 13:12 What is it like to be in the Solar Holler?
- 9:40 What is the geographic area that you serve?
- 10:05 How long has SH been in business?
- 10:49 What is the best business moment you have had so far?
- 15:10 What is the worst business moment you have had so far?
- 16:36 One sentence total takeaway from experience you had
- 17:18 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:44 What is the vision for your company long-term?
- 18:23 How did you come up with name Solar Holler?
- 18:58 How do you attract new customers?
- 19:11 What is the biggest challenge you face right now?
- 20:54 One stop shop for solar power from start to finish
- 22:20 Can you sell abundance of power back on grid?
- 23:30 What is one piece of advice you would give a young entrepreneur?
- 25:30 What point in company’s growth would an HR director been ideal?
- 25:50 One thing you do everyday that contributes to your success
- 26:37 What is one resource that you cant live without?
- 27:10 Book or podcast to recommend to listeners?
- 28:24 Is there anything else you would like people to know about your company or story?
- 28:55 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?
- 30:19 Outro
Add Facebook link