Kristina Szczyrbak is the Executive Director of WV Women Work, Inc. headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia.
West Virginia Women Work, Inc. (WVWW) was founded in 2000 with the mission of helping women to achieve economic self-sufficiency. Today the organization operates the Step Up for Women Pre-Apprenticeship Program with satellite training sites housed within registered apprenticeship centers across the state of West Virginia with two construction training sites and two advanced manufacturing training sites, all exclusively for women.
- 3:56 Kristina take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 7:40 30 sec pitch for WVWW?
- 8:44 What is the thing that you are most excited about for WVWW- right now?
- 9:45 What geographic market do you serve?
- 10:55 How many women do you serve?
- 11:33 What is the typical process to get enrolled in training/ what is the intake process?
- 13:38 How do employers get plugged into WVWW?
- 15:52 Best thing you’ve seen happen working for WVWW?
- 18:08 What is the worst experience you have had so far?
- 19:48 One takeaway from this worst experience?
- 20:05 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 20:44 What is the long term vision for WVWW?
- 21:29 What is the biggest challenge you’re facing right now?
- 24:28 What is one piece of advice you would give to women that feel “stuck” in life?
- 26:32 One thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 27:28 What is one resource that you can’t live without?
- 28:28 Book or podcast to recommend to listeners?
- 30:38 Is there anything else you would like people to know about WVWW or story?
- 32:40 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?
- 33:02 Outro