Growing up in New Brighton, Pennsylvania, Mike’s love for construction began at a young age. One summer, Mike helped his dad build a deck on the back of their house, and his passion for building structures grew. The aspiring engineer was active with construction mission trips throughout high school and worked with a residential contractor during summers in college. He went on to get his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh and a Masters of Business Administration from West Virginia University.
Mike is an active member and past branch President of the American Society of Civil Engineers, a past chair of the Richmond Joint Engineers Council, a past delegate to the Emerging Leaders Alliance and a past President and current member of the BNI Mountaineer Chapter. Additionally, he’s an active and past board member of several local organizations such as Pace Enterprises, the Bartlett House and the Spark Imagination and Science Center. He is a coach in local youth sports, and he resides in Morgantown, West Virginia, with his two children.
- 3:30 Mike, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:30 Why did you start Arrow Engineering?
- 6:01 What is your 30 second pitch for Arrow Engineering?
- 6:58 What are you most excited about right now for Arrow Engineering?
- 7:41 What separates you from the other engineering firms out there?
- 8:52 What geographic market do you serve?
- 10:20 Are you finding that remote jobs/clients have been easier to acquire due to the pandemic?
- 12:28 How did your background in business and engineering help you to start your business?
- 13:39 What is the best business moment you’ve had so far?
- 14:38 What is the worst business moment you’ve had so far?
- • 17:51 PWV Commercial Break
- 18:16 What is the long term vision you have for Arrow Engineering?
- 19:19 What type of visionary projects have you worked on?
- 21:22 How do you attract new clients?
- 22:32 What is one of the biggest challenges you’re facing with your business right now?
- 24:49 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young entrepreneurs?
- 26:37 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 27:54 What is one resource that you use in your company that you couldn’t live without?
- 28:54 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend to young entrepreneurs?
- 31:01 Is there anything else you think our listeners should know about you or Arrow Engineering?
- 33:33 Outro