Michael Lipton is the Director of the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame, located in Charleston, WV. In addition to being an entrepreneur, Michael is also an accomplished electric guitar player.
The WV Music Hall of Fame was founded in 2005 as a non-profit organization dedicated to documenting and preserving the rich and lasting contributions West Virginians have made to all genres of American music. One of their primary goals is to provide education through themed displays, curriculum development and interactive sessions with students and teachers in schools around the state. Another part of their mission is to establish a permanent facility to house the Hall of Fame and an accompanying museum to exhibit and archive recordings and memorabilia.
- 3:39 Michael, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into the WV Music Hall of Fame.
- 5:15 What are you most excited about for the WVMHoF right now?
- 20:43 How far along are you in the process of having a permanent facility?
- 24:55 PWV Commercial Break
- 25:28 What is the long term vision you have for WVMHoF?
- 29:31 What is one piece of advice that you would give to people who are thinking about starting an entrepreneurial adventure?
- 31:47 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?36:04 What is the best way for people to tune in to see this year’s WVMHoF Induction Ceremony?
- 36:51 Who are the 2020 WVMHoF Inductees?
- 43:14 How can our listeners learn more about WVMHoF and get in contact with you?
- 44:28 Outro
WV My Home Documentary: https://wvmusichalloffame.com/shopwvmh.html
WVMHoF Induction Ceremony Links: