Mountain Man Axe Throwing, located in Star City, is owned by Chris Atkins. Mountain Man Axe Throwing is Morgantown’s first axe throwing venue and tavern. Chris describes his business as “A bowling alley, but with axes… and of course a lot more instruction.”
He first discovered axe throwing in the summer of 2018, and by August of that same year, he owned his axe throwing range. Chris is an experienced entrepreneur who also owns and operates a family-owned graphic design and signs business in Morgantown called City Neon.
- 2:48 Chris, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into the Mountain Man Axe Throwing.
- 3:32 How did you get started in the axe throwing business?
- 4:31 What is your 30 sec. pitch for Mountain Main Axe Throwing?
- 5:10 What are you most excited about for the Mountain Man Axe Throwing right now?
- 6:18 Can you tell us more about the paint room?
- 7:23 What is your target market?
- 8:04 How has Covid-19 affected your business?
- 8:48 How many employees do you have?
- 9:35 How did you come up with the smash room and paint room?
- 11:09 How did you get inspired to start Mountain Man Axe Throwing?
- 12:24 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 13:36 Can you tell us more about your mobile setup?
- 14:36 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- • 16:11 PWV Commercial Break
- • 16:40 What is the long term vision you have for Mountain Man Axe Throwing?
- 18:07 Can you tell us about the World Axe Throwing League?
- 20:08 How do you attract new customers to your business?
- 20:41 What’s one of the biggest challenges you’re facing right now?
- 21:45 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young entrepreneurs/ business owners?
- 22:39 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 23:28 What is one resource that you use in your company that you just couldn’t live without?
- 24:40 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 25:55 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your story or Mountain Man Axe Throwing?
- 26:41 How can our listeners learn more about Mountain Man Axe Throwing and get in contact with you?
- 27:35 Outro