Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC is located in Fairmont, West Virginia, and has been in business since April 1, 2019. John R. Funkhouser is one of the founding partners of the firm, along with Ashley Joseph Smith.
Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC handles a wide range of legal matters, including family law, real estate transactions, estate planning, municipal law, guardian ad litem work, estate administration and general civil litigation.
- 2:28 John, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC
- 3:44 What inspired you to become a lawyer?
- 6:05 What is your 30 sec pitch for Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC?
- 6:57 What are you most excited about for your practice right now?
- 7:46 What is the geographic market that you serve?
- 8:18 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 9:20 How does one start a law practice? Can you explain the process?
- 10:49 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 12:44 What’s your one take away from that experience?
- 14:27 PWV Commercial Break
- 15:00 What is the long term vision you have for Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC?
- 16:41 How do you attract new clients to your firm?
- 18:02 What is one piece of advice that you would give to people who are thinking about starting an entrepreneurial adventure?
- 20:54 What is one resource that you use in your law practice that you just can’t live without?22:01 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 23:17 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you or your law firm?
- 26:29 How has your business been doing during the pandemic?
- 27:57 How can our listeners learn more about Funkhouser & Smith, PLLC and get in contact with you?