Tom Crabtree founded The WV Great Barrel Company in 2017 to create meaningful change and create great jobs in his local community of White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
The WV Great Barrel Company manufactures top-quality bourbon and whiskey barrels in the most advanced cooperage on the planet. A cooperage is a place that makes barrels and casks.
Their main goal has always been to minimize variation in the barrel-making process from the very beginning. To achieve this goal, Tom and his team are dedicated to quality, consistency and repeatability in all stages of their production.
- 3:18 Tom, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 9:54 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 11:10 What is the purpose of the charing the barrel?
- 12:52 Was part of your vision to keep all aspects of the barrel production in WV?
- 14:07 What are you most excited about for your business right now?
- 17:57 How many employees do you have?
- 16:16 Is it correct to assume that a majority of your employees are high school/ college age kids?
- 17:20 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 18:31 Is grape pineapple included in the dollar dip day?
- 18:50 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 19:34 What’s one leadership lesson / take away that you’ve gained over the last 12 months?
- 18:17 PWV Commercial Break
- 18:51 What is your business background?
- 21:22 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 23:38 Can you tell us more about your manufacturing plant?
- 26:06 Can you tell us more about the significance of your repeatable process?
- 27:47 What is the geographic market that your serve?
- 28:37 What is the long term vision that you have for your company?
- 29:33 How do you attract new customers?
- 31:31 What is one of the biggest challenges your business is facing right now?
- 32:36 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young entrepreneurs looking to start their own business?
- 34:08 What is one thing that you do everyday that you think contributes to your success?
- 35:11 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 36:49 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you, your story, or your business?
- 38:45 How can our listeners learn more about your business?
- 40:53 Outro