Bradley Frankhouser is a Principal and the office lead of Desmone’s Morgantown office.
Desmone is an Architecture and Interior Design Firm. They have locations in Morgantown, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Salisbury, Maryland.
After being in Morgantown for five years, Desmone believes West Virginia has a promising future, inspired by future-thinking visions of its citizens. Desmone designs structures that allow people to thrive – physically, emotionally and spiritually. They believe their role is to design for their clients’ needs — not their own. They listen intently to their clients’ needs and desires and help them develop a project’s vision.
Desmone’s unique service journey is rooted in effective project delivery strategies and informed by health and wellness principles. They believe that healthy spaces lead to healthy people, and healthy people lead to a healthy world. Successful projects use resources wisely and create places for people to embrace as their own. Their extensive knowledge and skills allow them to transform anyone’s vision into a reality.
- 4:04 Brad, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 5:30 Brad, how did you get into the architecture business?
- 8:12 What is your 30 sec. pitch for Desmone?
- 10:27 What are you most excited about for Desmone right now?
- 11:25 Can you tell us more about what a WELL Certification is?
- 12:44 What are some specific elements that the WELL Certification focuses on?
- 14:17 Can you tell us more about your customer base?
- 15:06 How many employees do you have?
- 15:32 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 16:54 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 20:17 What is happening with the prices for construction materials right now?
- 21:43 PWV Commercial Break
- 22:15 What is the long term vision that you have for Desmone?
- 23:04 Who are some of your favorite architects/ those who inspire you?
- 25:43 How does Desmone attract new customers?
- 24:15 Would you agree that the essence of architecture is that you don’t want to necessarily notice a building, but rather, you want to experience it?
- 26:54 When you were growing up, did you ever think you’d be a partner at an architecture firm?
- 28:05 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in WV?
- 29:16 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 29:51 What is one resource that you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 31:01 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 32:26 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you, your story, or Desmone?
- 33:31 What is the best way for our listeners to learn more about Desmone and maybe even get in contact with you?
- 34:36 Outro