Caitlin Furbee is the owner of Remarkable Windows and Blinds in Morgantown, West Virginia. After earning her Interior Design Degree from WVU, Caitlin jumped right into her dream career of helping clients turn their house into a home.
Previously working for a design firm in Northern Virginia, she moved back to Morgantown in 2015 and began to establish her roots in the Mountain State.
Her design specialty is helping people turn their house into a space that is beautiful and functional for everyday life. In 2018, her company Remarkable Windows and Blinds was established. Building off her passion for helping clients, the window and blind business is just another avenue she can assist in completing the project.
- 3:19 Caitilin, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:20 How did you get started in the window and blind business in 2018?
- 5:52 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 6:29 What are you most excited about for your company right now?
- 7:54 Can you tell us more about your interior design background?
- 9:56 What is your philosophy when you’re transforming a space?
- 11:20 Would you agree that if interior design is done well, you almost don’t notice it?
- 12:42 Where are your customers coming from?
- 13:33 Do you have any employees?
- 14:21 How did you come to have a partnership with Hunter Douglas?
- 15:56 Can you tell us more about Hunter Douglas’s product mix and some of the cool trends that are out there right now?
- 18:48 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 20:07 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 22:08 How has the pandemic affected your business?
- 24:06 PWV Commercial Break
- 24:48 What is the long term vision you have for your business?
- 26:46 What is the best way for people to inquire about your services?
- 27:48 Do you have a minimum requirement for the number of windows/ blinds you service?
- 28:20 How do you attract new customers?
- 29:25 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young people who are thinking about starting their own business?
- 30:30 How did you come up with that vision board idea?
- 31:27 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 33:11 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 35:28 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you or your story?
- 36:39 Who is your ideal customer?
- 38:15 How can our listeners learn more about your company and perhaps even get in contact with you?
- 39:37 Outro
Podcast Recommendation: BiggerPockets