Samantha Haddix co-owns Haddix Liquidations alongside her husband, Jason. Haddix Liquidations sells pallets of merchandise from all types of major retailers. The liquidation merchandise can be overstocked items, customer returns, discontinued items, etc. They sell to people who resell which includes eBay sellers, small stores, and flea market sellers.
Samantha bought a few pallets to sell as a hobby, but soon realized she was able to make money at it! Only problem was, no one in their area sold pallets and so she and her husband were having to drive to Ohio, when it was then realized, multiple people from outside the area were also making that drive. At that point, the duo decided to try to sell the whole pallet and with a little over a year under their belt, Samatha and Jason are still selling.
- 3:21 Samantha, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:46 What do the pallets of merchandise look like that you’re buying?
- 5:32 How do you know what is in the pallet?
- 6:26 Can you tell us more about the pallets of laundry detergent you recently sold?
- 7:07 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 8:09 Can you tell us more about your store front?
- 8:50 What are you most excited about for your company right now?
- 9:30 Can you tell us more about your transition from being a nurse to working at Haddix Liquidations full time?
- 10:25 What is the need you feel you’re serving in the marketplace?
- 10:59 Do you think that business model will work for you long term?
- 11:22 Where are your customers coming from?
- 11:43 Do you have any employees?
- 12:01 What is it like to run a business with your spouse?
- 12:25 When did you start your business?
- 13:01 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 13:44 Can you describe what it looks like for someone to find something unexpected in a pallet?
- 14:16 How much does a pallet like you just described typically sell for?
- 14:35 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 15:24 What was your take away from that experience?
- 16:09 Can you tell us more about how the process works?
- 17:08 Do you provide a description of what might potentially be in the pallet?
- 18:40 PWV Commercial Break
- 19:07 What is the long term vision you have for your company?
- 19:45 How do you attract new customers?
- 21:21 What is one of the biggest challenges you’re facing right now?
- 22:13 Is this the first business you’ve owned?
- 23:05 Can you tell us more about your background? Were you born and raised in WV?
- 24:00 What would you tell someone who is considering starting a new business in WV right now?
- 24:35 Why do you think that is?
- 25:55 What are some of your most popular items?
- 26:57 Can you tell us more about the option to buy single items instead of an entire pallet?
- 27:32 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 28:49 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your company or your story?
- 29:48 How can our listeners learn more about your company and perhaps even get in contact with you?
- 30:50 Outro