Matthew Byrd grew up in Ritchie County, WV. Always having a fascination with wildlife, Matthew graduated from WVU with a B.S. in Wildlife and Fisheries Resource Management. It was when a local extension office in Ritchie County offered a beginners beekeeping class that Matthew’s journey began with the bee community.
Currently, Matthew has 15 beehives throughout Ritchie County. Byrd’s and Bee’s Honey, LLC is focused on producing high quality, great tasting, small-batch honey with a passion for helping the declining honeybee population!
- 3:19 Matthew, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 4:20 How did you get into beekeeping?
- 5:14 Lessons learned from competing in the West Virginia Business Plan Competition
- 7:29 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 8:10 What are you most excited about?
- 9:12 Where is your customer base?
- 10:40 What awards have you won?
- 11:41 What separates your product from others?
- 13:40 Best business moment?
- 15:10 What is the goal of your business plan?
- 17:11 Worst business moment?
- • 18:57 PWV Commercial Break
- • 19:28 What is your long term vision?
- 20:06 How do you attract new customers?
- 20:51 What is one of the biggest challenges you’re facing right now?
- 21:40 What are some of your guiding principles for leadership?
- 22:43 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young people who are thinking about starting their own business?
- 24:00 What is one thing that you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 24:40 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 25:30 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your story?
- 27:40 How can our listeners learn more about your business and perhaps even get in contact with you?
- 28:40 Outro
Instagram – None
Entreleadership, Dave Ramsey