Megan Brown is the artist and owner of The Pretty Pickle in Fairmont, WV. Her work is primarily created using resin, pressed botanicals, wings/bugs, and other items from nature. Megan is self-taught, a Tamarack artisan, and began her business in 2010.
Each product is carefully preserved in resin, sometimes within a bezel and other times in the objects natural form. The process can take up to 3 weeks, depending on the structure of the item or depth of the bezel.
- 3:26 Samuel, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your business.
- 5:10 How did you get into craftsmanship?
- 8:25 When did you know this could be a business?
- 10:30 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 11:40 What are you most excited about?
- 13:00 Tell us about your products.
- 18:50 Where is your customer base?
- 21:45 When is it time to start a business?
- 25:03 Best business moment?
- 27:35 Worst business moment?
- 30:13 PWV Commercial Break
- 30:45 What is your long term vision?
- 32:00 Biggest challenge?
- 33:43 What lessons have you learned?
- 34:15 What piece of advice can you give to young entrepreneurs?
- 36:20 What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- 38:03 What’s one resource you would recommend?
- 41:35 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about your story?
- 43:00 How can our listeners learn more about your business and perhaps even get in contact with you?
- 43:50 Outro