Ellen and Daniel Lubuguin were both born in the Philippines. Daniel’s career started out working for Pepsi where he remained for 10 years, while Ellen worked as a hairdresser. The two of them decided to start Philippines Best as a food truck, dedicated to serving on Saturdays when Daniel was off. However, when Daniel hurt his back on the job, they decided to turn their side hobby into a full-time career. It was in April of 2012 when the duo began using a small storage building that they affectionately called their “cubby hole.” Using this storage space as a main location for the take-out restaurant, they eventually bought a larger lot. In June of 2016, the pair purchased a large dining area as the new home for Philippines Best Food.
Ellen and Daniel are proud parents of two sons and reside in Parkersburg, WV.
- 2:45 Take a minute to tell us more about your business.
- 4:50 What is your restaurant known for?
- 7:35 How can people find your food?
- 8:45 Where is your customer base?
- 10:00 What are you most excited about?
- 12:05 How did you end up in West Virginia?
- 13:05 Why do you like doing business in West Virginia?
- 15:05 How many employees do you have?
- 16:00 What’s one leadership lesson you’ve learned
- 18:05 Best business moment?
- 19:20 Where are you located?
- 20:00 Worst business moment?
- 20:50 PWV Commercial Break
- 21:25 What’s your longterm vision?
- 22:00 How do you attract new customers?
- 22:55 Biggest challenge(s) you’re facing?
- 23:50 Tell us your entrepreneurial journey.
- 25:05 What’s one piece of advice you’d give to young people?
- 26:45 What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- 28:45 What’s one book or podcast you’d recommend?
- 30:15 How can people get ahold of you?
- 31:25 Outro
Instagram – None
Email – None