Rene Jorge is a professional Chef and owner of Sauté by Rene’. She is the mother of two teenage boys. Born in Asbury Park, NJ and moved to NYC after high school where she attended culinary school. After moving to MN, she had her first son, moved to WV where she had her second son; she was then a stay-at-home until she began her business in 2014.
She first began offering empanadas to the community at the county fair and now, she serves the community at farmers markets and local events. Sauté by Rene’ also offers catering, meal delivery and cooking classes.
- 2:50 Rene’, take a minute and tell us about your company.
- 4:00 How did you get started?
- 6:35 How did you get to West Virginia?
- 7:15 What is your food known for?
- 9:05 What’s your 30 second pitch?
- 10:15 What are your main focuses right now?
- 13:15 Where are your customers coming from?
- 14:10 Best business moment?
- 15:20 Worst business moment?
- 16:25 PWV Commercial Break
- 17:05 What’s your longterm vision?
- 18:25 How do you attract new customers?
- 19:35 What’s your guiding principle in business?
- 20:45 Talk about your culinary experience.
- 25:15 Piece of advice for young entrepreneurs?
- 25:50 What’s one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 27:50 Anything else?
- 30:45 Outro
Instagram – None
Email – None
Becoming a Chef, by Karen Page