As CEO of CentralApp, Todd Cope strives to connect companies in need of tech talent with qualified workers from throughout the Appalachian region. A native West Virginian with a coal-miner grandfather, Todd is deeply committed to promoting equal economic opportunity through the expansion of tech jobs in rural areas. He cut his professional teeth in Silicon Valley and is named on several U.S. patents from his time as a circuit designer.
Todd has served in executive-level roles for technology companies ranging from healthcare IT and semiconductors, spanning the U.S. coasts, as well as in Asia and Europe. Todd earned a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and a Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing from Santa Clara University.
He is a scuba diver and an avid runner, completing a total of six marathons. A techie at heart, Todd enjoys video games and flying his drone, as well as volunteering as a First Lego League robotics coach.
- 3:05 Take a minute and tell us about your company.
- 3:40 How did you get started?
- 6:25 How are things going?
- 9:30 What positions are companies hiring?
- 13:45 How has COVID-19 affected your business?
- 15:00 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 17:10 Can West Virginia build Silicon Valley companies?
- 18:00 Most excited for?
- 20:00 Where are your clients located?
- 20:45 Best business moment?
- 22:00 Worst business moment?
- 24:12 PWV Commercial Break
- 24:40 What’s your longterm vision?
- 26:25 How do you attract new customers?
- 28:50 Biggest challenges?
- 30:10 Piece of advice for young entrepreneurs?
- 34:20 What’s one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 37:18 Anything else?
- 39:30 Outro
Instagram – None
Email – None
Range, by David Epstein