Mike Green serves as the chairman of the West Virginia Growth Investment Fund and managing director of Mountain State Capital. In these roles, Mike provides mentorship and funding to entrepreneurs and early stage companies. He began serving on the West Virginia Board of Education in 2009 and served as the board president for a time. He is also on the West Virginia High Tech Consortium Foundation board. He earned a bachelor degree in mathematics from Boston University and a masters degree in numerical science from Johns Hopkins University. He began his career in 1969 as a mathematician, cryptanalyst and software developer at the National Security Agency. In 1979 he moved to the private sector and has held senior executive positions with a number of successful technology companies.
- 2:38 Fill in the gaps of that brief introduction.
- 4:16 Tell us about your two organizations.
- 8:18 What is your view of the business climate today in West Virginia?
- 9:52 How is education in the state of West Virginia connected to the business community?
- 13:22 Why is it important to foster small business and entrepreneurship in our state?
- 15:08 What is the thing you are most excited about right now?
- 16:47 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break.
- 17:49 What kind of companies are you looking to fund?
- 20:09 What is the vision for your fund long term?
- 24:13 What is one piece of advice you would give on mentorship?
- 26:27 What is one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 29:18 What is one book you would recommend?
- 27:29 What is the best way for people to get in contact with you?