Todd Turner is with Appalachian Glass which is located in Weston, West Virginia. He is a third generation glass blower. Back in 1982 Todd’s father, Chip Turner, found his passion for glass during a vocational glass blowing course at Lewis County high school. After graduation he began working at the West Virginia Glass Specialty Company and eventually worked his way up to becoming the furnace and facilities manager at Princess House Manufacturing. The experience Todd’s father got led him to start is own glass business in 2001. Now Todd has taken up the glass blowing calling.
- 3:30 Fill in the gaps of that brief introduction.
- 5:15 How did you get started?
- 8:18 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 11:21 Are Solar Beacons a big seller for you guys?
- 12:48 What are you most excited about for your business right now?
- 14:16 What geographic market do you serve?
- 16:44 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:30 What is the best thing about being in business in WV?
- 20:33 What is the long term vision?
- 21:56 How do you attract customers?
- 24:04 What is one piece of advice you would give a young entrepreneur?
- 25:32 What is one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 26:59 What is one book you would recommend?
- 28:05 If you could meet anyone in West Virginia who would it be?
- 32:18 What is the best way for people to get in contact with you?