Dale Morton founded DMS MASCOT COSTUMES in 2001 in Hurricane, WV. He crafts professional, custom-made mascot character costumes for schools and corporations nationwide. Some of Dale’s past customers have included Intelos, Procter & Gamble, Hasbro, THX Inc., Careerbuilder.com, Dunkin’ Donuts, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, and the PGA to name a few. Dale also creates custom masks, full creature suits, fiberglass armor and commissioned sculptures for commercial and artistic use. Some of Dale’s prominent West Virginia mascots and costumes have been “Marco” for Marshall University and the Pepperoni Rolls for the WV Black Bears.
- 3:00 Dale take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:40 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 8:20 What is your 30 second elevator pitch for DMS MASCOT COSTUMES? What is it you tell people you do?
- 9:25 What would you say is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 13:50 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 14:40 How do you attract new customers?
- 15:35 How many employees do you have?
- 16:35 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 17:50 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break.
- 18:18 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 22:40 What is your worst business moment? Take us to that place of your worst experience…Tell us your story.
- 23:55 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 28:50 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia
- 30:29 What is the one thing you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 31:50 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 34:28 In closing, How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?