Meghan Fisher from Fayetteville, WV took her passion for the outdoors and watersports and turned it into her career. Meghan is a ACA Level 1 and 2 SUP Instructor and Instructor Trainer Candidate. She decided to start her own business, Mountain Surf Paddle Sports with two main goals in mind: To make Stand Up Paddleboarding more professional in the area and promote an active, outdoor lifestyle through Stand Up Paddleboarding.
She wanted there to be a paddleboard company in WV that gave quality instruction so people could learn to efficiently, confidently, and safely paddleboard; so she made it happen. She has also found a way to make paddleboarding a year-round gig, by working with Quark Expeditions in the winter months leading paddle bearding trips in Antarctica.
- 2:31 Meghan take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 3:36 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 4:54 What is your 30 second elevator pitch for Mountain Surf Paddle Sports?
- 7:05 Tell us a little bit about the trips you take.
- 8:25 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 9:35 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization?
- 12:12 How many employees do you have?
- 12:55 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 13:52 What are some simple paddle boarding tips?
- 14:50 What is your worst business moment?
- 16:10 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 16:52 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:29 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 18:30 How do you attract new customers?
- 19:26 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 20:30 What is the one thing you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 21:22 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 22:09 Could you describe your ideal customer?
- 25:25 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?