Robert Doeffinger is the President of ZMM Architects & Engineers, based in Charleston, West Virginia. ZMM is an integrated award-winning design firm providing professional services throughout the Mountain State. Bob is a professional engineer and a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He settled in Point Pleasant, West Virginia at a young age. He graduated from West Virginia University with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and from The Pennsylvania State University with a Master of Science in Architectural Engineering.
Through his leadership ZMM has designed many significant building projects including more than 250 K-12 schools throughout West Virginia, the West Virginia Regional Jail system, more than 300 million dollars in National Guard projects, the engineering for the King of Prussia Mall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and most recently the 100 million dollar redesign of the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center.
- 2:44 Bob take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 5:05 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 6:12 What is your 30 second elevator pitch for ZMM?
- 7:10 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 8:15 How many employees do you have?
- 8:51 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 9:30 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 10:30 How long have you lead ZMM?
- 12:10 Bob, What is your worst business moment?
- 15:15 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 15:52 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 20:10 How do you attract new customers?
- 21:31 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:33 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 24:22 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 25:43 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 28:02 What are the keys to effective leadership?
- 29:39 What are the keys to being an effective follower?
- 31:23 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?