Matt Welsch is the Owner of Vagabond Kitchen, based in Wheeling, West Virginia. In 2013 Matt Welsch, the Vagabond Chef, traversed the country by motorcycle discovering and exploring the culinary renaissance in the United States. At the end of the year, he returned home to Wheeling bringing with him a wealth of restaurant and food experience, inspiration, and excitement which became the foundation of the Vagabond Kitchen.
- 2:06 Matt, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 3:40 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 5:45 Where are you located?
- 6:33 What is your 30 second elevator pitch for Vagabond Kitchen?
- 8:25 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 9:58 Talk about the Vagabond Chef as a personality.
- 11:37 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 12:40 How many employees do you have?
- 13:02 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 15:29 Matt, What is your worst business moment?
- 17:20 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 18:20 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 18:45 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 20:15 What type of food do you have on the menu?
- 21:20 How do you attract new customers?
- 22:15 Talk about your experience on the TV show.
- 23:35 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 25:37 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 27:03 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 27:05 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 29:01 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 32:04 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?