Dave Stone is the Owner of Stone Road Vineyard, based in Elizabeth, West Virginia – Wirt County! Stone Road Vineyard represents the union of quality grapes with traditional, natural venting techniques. Stone Road Vineyard offers a history-honored touch to their varietals and blended red and white wines. I invited Dave on the show today to talk about his company and share his story, and to give our audience some valuable insight into his business in West Virginia.
- 2:15 Dave take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 3:17 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 4:10 How many acres is your farm?
- 5:10 What is your 30 second elevator pitch for Stone Road Vineyard?
- 5:50 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization?
- 7:50 Talk about your wine.
- 9:09 Which of your products sell really well?
- 9:52 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 12:35 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 14:19 Dave, what is your worst business moment?
- 17:06 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 17:32 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 18:04 What’s the vision for your company – long term?20:05 How do you attract new customers?
- 21:03 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 21:41 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 22:44 What do you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 23:33 What traits make a good leader?
- 24:26 What traits make a good follower?
- 26:00 How do you work with the state department of agriculture?
- 27:34 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 28:36 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 30:24 Can folks come visit your vineyards?
- 31:04 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?