Thomas Gilson is the Owner of The Cheese Melt, a gourmet grilled cheese food truck based in Wheeling, West Virginia. Thomas started the business in 2014 with a small hot dog cart converted into a grilled cheese cart, then bumped up to a food trailer and 2 years after that built a full-blown food truck. Today, he currently runs both the trailer and the truck in the Ohio Valley for lunches, special events and catering. Thomas has been married for 6 years, they have 2 boys (4 and 1) and a new baby due in February!
- 2:22 Thomas take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 5:50 What is your 30 second pitch for The Cheese Melt? What is it you tell people you do?
- 7:50 How can people find you?
- 9:34 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization?
- 11:48 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 12:42 Thomas, what is your worst business moment?
- 14:07 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 15:08 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 15:49 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 18:18 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 19:18 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 20:17 How do you attract new business?
- 22:19 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:30 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 23:55 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 24:24 Could you describe your ideal customer?
- 25:19 Talk about some of your other products.
- 27:05 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?