Lonnie Fast is the President of Fast Hay Movers located in Fairmont, West Virginia – in Marion County. Lonnie is the inventor of the famous “Hay Baby” hay transporter. Their unique, patented hay machines attach to most all ATV’s, side by side UTV’s and 3 pt hitches on compact tractors. These are used to transport round hay bales of all sizes or large rectangle hay bales. The concept was born out of necessity after buying a round hay baler. Lonnie was faced with the question of how to transport the hay bales without using a tractor that made deep ruts in the ground. His mind started to work on a new idea using his 4 wheeler. And the process began. Now there are 3 models for the many sizes and weights of hay being produced here in West Virginia and throughout the United States.
- 2:44 Take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 5:52 How does the Fast Hay Mover work?
- 7:42 What is your 30 second pitch for Fast Hay Movers?
- 8:28 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your company?
- 9:40 Talk about the patent process for your product.
- 11:26 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 12:12 How many employees do you have?
- 12:57 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 14:00 Talk about how your business is a part of your ministry.
- 15:31 Describe your worst business moment.
- 16:45 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 17:20 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:54 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 19:11 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 20:15 How do you attract new customers?
- 21:03 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 22:34 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 23:55 Do you have engineering training?
- 24:40 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 25:04 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 25:40 What qualities make a good leader?
- 26:54 What qualities make a good follower?
- 28:10 Could you describe your ideal customer?
- 29:34 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?