Sue Jennings is the Owner of Allegheny Treenware located in Thornton, West Virginia – in Preston County. Allegheny Treenware is a company focused on the production of wooden kitchen utensils. It has been proudly owned and operated by Stanley and Sue Jennings for more than 25 years. All products are MADE by hand, with quality West Virginia hardwoods. Every item is shaped by hand, and every spoon has been hand gouged. This makes every piece unique in its own way.
- 2:17 Sue take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:09 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 6:22 What is your 30 second pitch for Allegheny Treenware?
- 7:22 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 8:53 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 10:45 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 13:32 How did you get into coal mining?
- 14:55 What is your worst business moment?
- 16:37 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:22 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 19:02 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 21:01 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:05 What is the one thing you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 23:40 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 24:15 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 25:05 What qualities make an effective leader?
- 25:54 What qualities make an effective follower?
- 26:50 What type of wood are you using in your products?
- 28:30 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?