Dan Davis is the Co-owner of Kin Ship Goods located in Charleston West Virginia – in Kanawha County. Kin Ship Goods is a lifestyle brand, retail shop, and print studio located on Charleston’s West Side. Kin Ship Goods also serves as a community space—hosting events, music, and fundraisers for numerous social justice causes.
Dan Davis has been making art for as long as he can remember and has been screen printing for over 15 years. He is self-taught and attributes any skills he has to sheer willpower and stubbornness. Dan was born in Nuremberg, Germany, spent his childhood in Idaho, and his teens and twenties in Louisville, Kentucky. In 2014, he moved to Charleston with his partner Hillary, not far from where she grew up. They live on the West Side of Charleston, with their two senior beagles, and two sleepy cats.
- 2:37 Dan take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:05 When did you get started in this line of work?
- 6:26 Do you have a retail space?
- 9:05 What is your 30 second pitch for Kin Ship Goods?
- 10:17 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 11:28 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 12:33 How many employees do you have?
- 13:24 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 16:07 What is your worst business moment?
- 19:20 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 19:50 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 21:30 How do you attract new customers?
- 23:30 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 24:53 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 26:39 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 28:05 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 28:38 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 29:58 What are some of your philosophies on leadership?
- 31:38 What qualities make an effective follower?
- 32:30 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?