Doctor Mirta Martin is the President of Fairmont State University located in Fairmont West Virginia – in Marion County.
Born in Havana, Cuba, and an immigrant to the United States, Doctor Martin uses her interpersonal and cultural expertise to work diligently to promote access to affordable educational opportunities.
The Board of Governors appointed Mirta M. Martin, Ph.D. the twenty-sixth president of Fairmont State University effective January 1, 2018. Dr. Martin holds a baccalaureate in psychology and political science from Duke University; a master of business administration from the University of Richmond; and a doctorate with an emphasis in strategic management and leadership from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- 3:40 Mirta take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your University.
- 10:43 How did you get started in education?
- 15:32 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your Fairmont State University?
- 18:25 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 19:30 Tell us about your recent statewide tour.
- 25:14 What was your one takeaway from the statewide tour?
- 27:39 What is one piece of advice you would give to young person in WV?
- 30:07 What is the one thing you do every day that you think contributes to your success?
- 31:40 What is your philosophy of leadership?
- 33:03 What traits make an effective follower?
- 34:41 How can our listeners learn more about Fairmont State University?