Zac Northup is the Owner of StandWatch Academy located in Scott Depot, West Virginia – in Putnam County. StandWatch Academy’s mission is to teach young people how to conceptualize, launch, and lead their own nonprofits, social enterprises, or small businesses. Zac Northup is the founder of StandWatch.org and StandWatch Academy. Zac is a veteran, entrepreneur, reformed financial advisor, and publisher. For close to 17 years, he ran his own consulting firm where he provided advice to multi-billion dollar companies and small mom-and-pop businesses alike, helping them discover new ways to reach new customers.
- 3:05 Zac take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:33 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 6:48 What is your 30 second pitch for StandWatch Academy?
- 7:22 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 8:04 Why focus on entrepreneurship?
- 13:04 Talk a little bit about your company’s approach.
- 15:36 Talk a little bit about the documentary project.
- 18:15 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 19:25 Zac What is your worst business moment?
- 22:05 What are you excited about for your company right now?
- 23:48 How does your program work?
- 25:07 What is the vision for your company long term?
- 28:24 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 30:30 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 32:06 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 32:55 What traits make a good leader?
- 33:48 What traits make a good follower?
- 34:58 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?