Marisa Jackson is the Owner of MarisaMade located in St. Albans, West Virginia – in Kanawha County. Marisa Jackson is a mother of 3 boys – one who has special needs, she’s a wife, calligrapher, wedding and event stationery designer, watercolor artist, and owner of MarisaMade LLC. MarisaMade is a design studio specializing in calligraphy, graphic design watercolor prints, classes, gifts, and advocating for special needs children.
The mission behind MarisaMade is to use art for advocacy- to create beautiful and unique products that speak to people in a creative way and with each purchase, help raise money for the International FOXG1 Foundation to research a cure for FOXG1 Syndrome.
- 2:34 Marisa take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 6:40 Tell us more about FOXG1.
- 9:50 What is your 30 second pitch for Marisamade?
- 10:06 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 11:50 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 14:28 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 16:31 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 17:52 Marisa What is your worst business moment?
- 19:30 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 20:14 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 20:54 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 21:57 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 23:44 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 24:30 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 25:18 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 26:05 What qualities make an effective leader?
- 26:52 What qualities make an effective follower?
- 28:30 Could you describe your ideal customer?
- 29:48 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?