Stephanie Swaim is the Owner of Hoot and Howl located in Morgantown, West Virginia – in Monongalia County. Hoot and Howl is an artisan shop in downtown Morgantown. The shop carries the works of more than 90 artisans – 75% of them hail from West Virginia, and all of the products are made in the USA, 1 Fair Trade and a little vintage. We host artists almost every month for pop-ups and workshops, are very active in downtown events and try to support our artisan and community in all ways possible.
Hoot and Howl just celebrated their 1 year anniversary! In that short time have won the “Best Place to Shop in Mountaineer Country” from West Virginia Living Magazine in 2018.
- 2:35 Stephanie take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:25 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 5:25 Do you have an affinity for art?
- 7:36 What’s your 30 second pitch for Hoot and Howl?
- 8:33 What would our listeners see if they walked into your shop today?
- 10:59 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 13:50 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 15:48 How many employees do you have?
- 16:08 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 17:55 Stephanie What is your worst business moment?
- 21:53 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 22:23 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 24:00 How do you attract new customers?
- 25:56 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 27:08 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 28:33 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 29:50 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?