Anna Carrier is the Owner of The Cupcakerie located in Morgantown, West Virginia – in Monongalia County.
The Cupcakerie is the first and ONLY exclusively cupcake bakery in Morgantown. The Cupcakerie provides their customers with the best cupcakes made with the finest ingredients. As they say – it’s not just a cupcake – it’s a Cupcakerie cupcake!
Anna Carrier is one of the founders of The Cupcakerie. Anna grew up in Morgantown and graduated from University High School. She went on to earn her Bachelor’s Degree from WVU in Exercise Physiology and graduated a few years later with an MBA and a JD. While at WVU, she was on the Student Government Association Board of Governors, a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority, and very active as a volunteer in the Morgantown community. She is married to Dan Carrier, who is the Dentist at the Monongalia County Health Department, and they have two children (Daniel and Lena).
- 3:33 Anna take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 5:05 How did you get started in this line of work?
- 6:05 What is your 30 second pitch for The Cupcakerie?
- 6:50 How many flavors do you offer?
- 10:10 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 11:45 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 13:43 What would you say is the best thing about being in business in West Virginia?
- 17:06 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 17:57 Anna What is your worst business moment?
- 20:32 In one sentence – tell us the one take-away from that experience.
- 21:08 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 22:15 What else has been a part of the Downtown Morgantown revitalization?
- 23:20 How do you attract new customers?
- 24:13 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 25:55 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 27:35 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 29:00 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 29:30 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 30:27 What is your philosophy on leadership?
- 31:09 What traits make an effective follower?
- 32:04 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?