Emily Kurth is the Owner of Coco and June located in Morgantown, West Virginia – in Monongalia County. Emily Kurth is a wife and mother to 3 boys and the owner of Coco & June where she creates joyful abstract art and lifestyle goods. Emily was born and raised in Morgantown, and is proud to have her business in her home state. After a life altering diagnosis forced Emily to find ways to reduce her stress, she picked up a paint brush and Coco & June was born.
Coco & June’s mission is to create uplifting art that inspires others to live peaceful and happy lives. Emily also hosts the Frazzled to Free Retreat where she shares with small business owners her 5 step plan to handle stress and overwhelm in a healthy and effective way.
- 2:49 Emily take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:53 What is your 30 second pitch?
- 6:28 Tell our audience about your products.
- 7:54 What is the thing you’re most excited about for your organization – right now?
- 9:05 What is the geographic market you serve?
- 11:00 What are some of the other products you make and sell?
- 12:43 How did you get the name, Coco and June?
- 14:03 What was your worst business moment?
- 16:22 How did you overcome that?
- 17:50 Positively West Virginia Commercial Break
- 18:20 What’s the vision for your company – long term?
- 21:04 How do you attract new customers?
- 22:14 Do you have a shop?
- 24:15 What’s one of the biggest challenges you face?
- 25:18 What is one piece of advice you would give to young business owners and entrepreneurs in West Virginia?
- 26:50 What is the one thing you do every day that contributes to your success?
- 27:40 What’s one resource you use in your business that you can’t live without?
- 29:09 What is one book you would recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 31:27 What is your philosophy on leadership?
- 32:38 What traits make an effective follower?
- 33:27 How can our listeners learn more about your company and contact you?